This event will give attendees an overview of the suite of CAD and CAM software that is available from SolidWorks.
There will also be a hands on training session (laptops provided) with the software installed and a technical expert will provide introductory training on how to use SolidWorks.
- 9:30 – 10am: Registration
- 10 – 11am: Session 1 = Introduction to SolidWorks (Parts/Assemblies)
- 11 – 11.30am: Refreshments
- 11:30 – 12.30pm: Session 2 = Introduction to SolidWorks (Drawings/Additional products)
- 12:30 – 1pm: Lunch
- 1pm till close: Session 3 = Hands on use and training
Who should attend?
Any company that will be or is producing a physical product should attend, as SolidWorks can help streamline the product design process.
Some degree of CAD understanding would be useful, but direct experience of using it is not required.
Aims and objectives
By the end of Sessions 1&2, attendees will gain an understanding of the potential of SolidWorks and how they can apply it to their business.
Session 3 will give attendees hands on experience of using the software and have an idea of how easy it is to use.
Overall, delegates will come away with a good understanding of how SolidWorks will benefit their company and the information required to decide whether to apply for an entrepreneurial license.
The SolidWorks entrepreneurial program gives companies access to three licenses of any SolidWorks Software. This could be:
- 3 x SolidWorks Premium CAD (worth £26,000)
- 1 x SolidWorks Premium, 1 x SolidWorks Simulation Premium and 1 x SolidWorks Electrical (woth £30,000)
- 1 x SolidWorks Premium, 1 x SolidWorks Simulation Premium and 1 x SolidWorks Plastics Premium (worth £41,500)
The Entrepreneurs programme that SolidWorks offers is available free of charge for all Sensor City members.
To find out more about Sensor City membership options and our introductory rate, please click here.
There are only 10 places available for the Session 3 hands-on training, so please register today to guarantee your free place.