Are you a company looking to add up and coming talent to your team?
Are you a student looking for a placement in industry?
LCR 4.0 at Sensor City has teamed up with the University of Liverpool to run a skills matching event.
The event will help SMEs and larger corporates to find suitable students, within the sensor and engineering fields, to fill any knowledge and resource gaps they may have, whilst providing the opportunity for students to find a placement within a real-world, working environment.
Additionally, as the University of Liverpool is one of Santander’s partner universities, UK registered SMEs have access to Santander contributions of up to £1,500 per intern (capped at 5 internships per year) towards a placement ranging from 1-10 weeks. We are hoping to be able to provide more detailed advice on this funding opportunity at the event.
WHY TAKE PART?
Benefits for companies
- Chance to pitch and promote your business to a captive, sector relevant audience
- Direct access to students with sector specific knowledge and expertise within the sensor and engineering fields
- Opportunity to meet an enthusiastic pool of talent who are keen to work in a business like yours
- Apply for funding from Santander towards student placements
- No predetermined salaries to cover, as the cost of placements can be negotiated with the student
Benefits for students
- Meet industry experts who are looking to offer placements to students and graduates
- Gain practical skills and learn from innovative entrepreneurs and business leaders
- Opportunity to work on real time projects and problem solving
- Chance to give your CV out directly into the hands of relevant companies
2:00pm: Registration and refreshments
2:30pm: Welcome from LCR 4.0 team at Sensor City
2:35pm: Companies present some of their current challenges and discuss where a placement is required.*
3:00pm: Introduction to some University of Liverpool Undergraduate students.*
3:10pm: Introduction to some University of Liverpool MSc students.*
3:20pm: Networking and refreshments – Companies and students to interact in an informal environment to find their best match.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
For more information about the duration, location and content of student placements, please read this handy guide.
Even if you’re not looking to offer or take part in a project at this current time, attending this event will be a valuable experience to begin to explore the talent and opportunities available within the Liverpool City Region.
Places are limited, so please register today.
* Length of presentations may vary depending on the level of interest received.