Opportunity for UK registered organisations to apply for a share of up to £25 million from Innovate UK to deliver game-changing and commercially viable R&D innovation that can significantly impact the UK economy.
Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, is investing up to £25 million in the best game-changing and commercially viable innovative or disruptive ideas. All proposals must be business focused.
Applications can come from any area of technology and be applied to any part of the economy, such as, but not exclusively:
- the arts, design and media
- creative industries
- science or engineering
Whilst they welcome projects that overlap with the grand challenge areas this is not a requirement, as they are also keen to support projects in other areas.
Your proposal must demonstrate:
- a clear game-changing, innovative, disruptive, and ambitious idea leading to new products, processes or services
- an idea that is significantly ahead of others in the field, set for rapid commercialisation
- clear, considerable potential to significantly impact either or both, the UK economy and productivity in a positive way
- Competition opens: Thursday 21 January 2021
- Competition closes: Wednesday 26 May 2021 at 11:00am
The application is split into 3 sections:
- Project details
- Application questions
For more detailed information and to start your application, please visit: https://apply-for-innovation-funding.service.gov.uk/competition/810/overview#summary
If you are a UK SME and successful in receiving an award, you will be contacted by your local Enterprise Europe Network (EEN) Innovation Advisor. They act on behalf of Innovate UK to discuss the growth opportunities for your business.
They offer bespoke business support services to help you maximise your project and business potential. This service forms part of your Innovate UK offer under our commitment to help UK SMEs grow and scale.