We are just five weeks away from Smart Factory Expo which is being held on Wednesday 15 – Thursday 16 November at Exhibition Centre Liverpool.
Smart Factory Expo is the UK’s biggest showcase for advanced technology and systems.
With more than 100 exhibitors, 90 presentations over both days, workshops from Cambridge University’s Institute for Manufacturing, a Hack & Pitch competition, two co-located symposiums (‘STEM in Focus’ and ‘Women & Digital Manufacturing’), and premium networking opportunities with manufacturers from around the country – there’s a lot going on.
SENSOR CITY INVOLVEMENT
The Liverpool LEP, working with ourselves and other key public and private partners (including the local authorities; Liverpool University; Liverpool Johns Moores University; Hartree Centre; and Liverpool Convention Bureau) played a pivotal role in bringing the event to the City Region and we will be exhibiting as part of the programme within the Invest Liverpool stand.
We are also offering tours of our new global innovation hub for registered Smart Factory Expo attendees. Tours will be taking place at 11am and 3pm on both Tuesday 14 November (the day before the expo opens) and Friday 17 November (the day after the expo closes). Registration for these tours opens on Monday 16 October and places are offered on a first come, first serve basis.
SMART FACTORY EXPO SURVIVAL GUIDE
Made up of a series of interlocking events which will form Digital Manufacturing Week, SMEs will have the opportunity to meet over 4,000 of the UK’s high-growth manufacturers, industrial accelerators, hardware-startups, finance and 4IR (4th industrial revolution) solution providers.
Below is our handy Guide to help you get the most out of your time at the event.
- Focus on three questions to ask exhibiting companies
- Bring business cards – with more than 4,000 senior manufacturing attendees, you’ll want to network
- Pick up your complimentary copy of The Manufacturer magazine’s November issue – which also contains the show guide (if you’re a subscriber, you’ll receive this ahead of the event).
- Plan your route through exhibitors and displays of the four exhibition zones
- Book accommodation
- Bring a notebook
- Follow and share the action on social media – @TheManufacturer and #UKmfgWeek
- Sign up for one of University of Cambridge’s free series of manufacturing services workshops
- Which of the presentations will you be attending? (already included in your Expo ticket) – confirmed speakers include: Advanced Tapes, Airbus, BMW Mini, Caterpillar, Cobham, Dura Automotive, GKN, Jaguar Land Rover, NSK, Tata, Trakrap, and many more.
- Keep your evenings free for celebrating with the cream of UK manufacturing at the drinks reception launch of The Manufacturer Top 100 on 15 November, and The Manufacturer MX Awards 2017 ceremony & gala dinner on 16 November.
***With so much going on in Liverpool – you should consider bringing a colleague to Smart Factory Expo – invite them now!***
Your badge gives you full access to – Smart Factory Expo, Innovation Alley, and over 100 free presentations in the Digital Transformation, Industrial Automation, Smart Factory and Industrial Internet Theatres.